Sunday, May 13, 2012

Day 6

Today was another amazing day in Chile.  It may have been better than yesterday, our day at the beach and vineyard.  We got to sleep in a little and then we went to what was called a spa.  I think its more along the lines of a resort though.  We had no idea how gorgeous it was going to be there.  I was not expecting much, but there  were a lot of huge pools, foosball tables and also ping-pong tables.  There were at least four or five pools and also an area to play soccer.  So we started the day off by playing soccer with some of the  Chileans who were with us.   I luckily got to be on  the team with some of the Chilean students and a professor, who were all extremely good at soccer.  I actually scored the first goal of the day! But it was a lot of fun and it has been a long time since I've gotten to play, so it was really nice to play again and get good exercise. 
After I was exhausted from playing so much soccer, I went to the pool side and just relaxed with my feet in the water.  The water was freezing, but it was so nice just to relax for a little. I wish I had brought a bathing suit though because there was a heated pool indoors, which would have been fun to swim in.  We then had lunch, which was really good food. We also got to sing happy birthday to Allison and Abby for their birthdays, since they both turned nineteen in the past couple days. 
After lunch we just hung out and relaxed pool side for a couple hours then all left to go to a barbeque at the house of one of the professors from the university. We had sausages and kabobs which were really good.  It was a good time also just hanging out with the Chilean students. It was really nice to be able to just relax and not do much at all today.

No comments:

Post a Comment