Sunday, May 13, 2012

Day seven


Today was another relaxing day.  I slept in really late for once, so it was nice to catch up on my sleep.  Then a group of people and I went shopping.  We found a lot of little outdoor vendors which was really cool.  There were a lot of people selling handmade things which was cool.  I bought a lot of scarves and there were a lot of really cool clothes.  There were really cute leather jackets for sale at one of the stores but they ran really small and they didn't have any in my size.  I would have loved to have gotten one of those.  There were also a lot of people knitting and even a guy making shoes right in front of us.  There was a lot of really unique stuff, and not just typical souvenirs.  Afterwards, we went to the mall.  The mall was not as cool as the outdoor markets.  The mall was essentially the exact same as the malls in America.  There were a lot of really nice stores there, and everything was pretty expensive. 
Afterwards, we went out to dinner at La Tierra de Fuego.  It was a gorgeous restaurant with a really good view of the ocean.  We ate so much food there- we had shrimp and beef as appetizers.  Then for my main course I had a steak with goat cheese on top and artichokes with a spinach puree.  For desert I had a bitter chocolate mousse, which was very rich.  All of the food was delicious, probably the best food I have had all trip.  I also had Chirimoya juice which was also really good.  Chirimoya is a type of fruit, and I’m not exactly sure how to describe it.  It doesn’t have a very strong flavor and its actually kind of creamy. 
Tonight, we are just staying in and preparing our presentations that we ahve to give at the university tomorrow.  Its been really nice to just relax these past days.  I feel I won't be exhausted this coming week now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment