Thursday, May 17, 2012

The last full day

Once again today was absolutely amazing.  Unfortunately, its our last full day here but it was probably the best.  We went on a three hour horse back riding trip.  I have only ridden a horse once when I was little, but I wouldn't really call it riding, more of sitting on the horse while it followed the one in front of it.  Today was much different though.  The horses were much bigger and we had  more control over them. We started out our trip by riding by the beach, which was a very pretty view.  One downside however was that it was pretty cold and windy outside and not very sunny.  After traveling through the beach we went through a foresty area.  It was really nice in there, with abunch of pine trees, and it was very quiet.  We are constantly in city areas where you can hear the cars going by, but in this area the city noises were gone.  After this we reached giant sand dunes, which was absolutely gorgeous.  I have never seen anything like the view in this area. I can't really explain it well, but it was just so weird being surrounded by only sand and it was just so pretty the way the sand made the dunes.  There were some pretty scary times when a couple horses tried to go up a really steep hill and started falling down the side of it.  Luckily everyone was fine, and only one person got knocked off their horse the whole trip.  We rode for two hours then took a fifteen minute break for the horses to rest. After the break we began to ride back to the camp grounds.  This time we trotted a lot more and even galloped a lot.  This was like no other experience I have ever had.  Riding a horse while it was galloping down the beach was truly amazing.   
When we finished our horseback rides we came back to an amazing lunch.  There were a bunch of different salads and big pieces of meat cooking on the grill and in the mud oven.  It was definitely one of my favorite meals.  At the house, there were some really cute farm animals also.  The piglets were absolutely adorable, and they also ate seaweed which I found kind of odd.  But there were also boars, chickens, and cows.  They also had a puppy and a couple cats.  It was so nice to see cats and dogs that you could feel safe petting and playing with.  It made me miss my pets.  Also at the house there was a fire to keep us warm, where we also roasted some marshmallows and also hammocks to relax in.  After an exhausting day of horseback riding, sitting around the fire was just what I needed.
Now I am waiting to go to our last dinner in Chile together.  We are going to get pizza as a group with the Chilean students.  I cannot believe today is our last full day in Chile.  The time has honestly flown by and I'm really going to miss it here.  This whole trip was full of experiences I never could have gotten anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment