Saturday, May 19, 2012

The end

Well, I've tried writing this blog entry multiple times now.  It's so hard to accurately sum up my time in Chile on Plus 3 .  This trip has honestly been more than I could have ever imagined and there's just simply so much to say.  When we left for Chile I barely knew everyone's name and now I have made countless amazing memories with everyone on the trip.  No one would ever guess we only met each other two weeks ago.  It's so eerily quiet in my house without everyone here, and I can't believe I won't see everyone again until August. Saying goodbye at the airport was surreal, it was hard to comprehend that we wouldn't see each other again for three months, and it would never be in the same context as before. 
There are so many unforgettable memories from Chile, and we definitely lived by our motto, 'YOICO', which stands for you're only in Chile once.  There's not one thing I would go back and change on our trip.  Hotel America may have forced me to take cold showers every morning, had wifi in only one room, and had holes in the walls, but I wouldn't trade the memories from that hotel for anything.  I'm definitely going to miss running out to get empanadas for dinner then having everyone crowd into one little room to blog,  story time on megabed, and just the general company of everyone.
I loved everyday of this trip(with the exception of the day we left), and have no regrets.  I wish I could name a favorite day or memory, but I can't. I loved the day we went to the Vina Indomita and La Isla Negra becuase it was so relaxing, and just a nice break from the chaotic busy days we had had up to that point. But I also loved the day at the spa since we got to spend so much time together, getting to know each other and the Chilean students much better.  Then there's also horseback riding, which was something I have never done before, and I love to have new experiences.  There's also the tour of Valparaiso, which was interesting to learn about the culture of the city.  There's not one thing I would change about this trip at all.  It was such a great experience that I wouldn't trade for the world.  While our trip's saying was YOICO, I would love to go back to Chile again, focusing more on improving my Spanish. 
 Lastly, I want to thank Jorge and Sarah for such an amazing trip.  They were the best trip advisors and we all really appreciate the work they put into making the trip the best possible.  

No comments:

Post a Comment