Friday, May 11, 2012

Day Five

Today was my favorite day by far. The day started out rough though. We got to sleep
in some, leaving at nine fifteen in the morning. However, there was no running water
in our room.  No one else had water either , so it was interesting trying to wash my 
face with my bottled water. After that minor speed bump, everything else started to 
go much better.
First we went to Vina Indomita, a vineyard in Vina del Mar. The view was gorgeous and
we got a good tour of the winery. It was cool to learn about the different factors 
that go into the type of wine that is created and the different processes needed to 
make red and white wines. We then got to taste three different types of wine, a merlot,
a Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc. We got to learn the proper way to taste wine
too. We were out on a patio with the sun shining down on us while we relaxed and
sampled the wines. It was really nice. Next we went over to La Isla Negra, which is
the house of Pablo Neruda. First, we had lunch at a very nice seafood restaurant. I
had the fish soup, which was really good. There also was fresh squeezed pineapple juice
and strawberry juice, which was really good.  The view from our table was a really
pretty view of the ocean. After lunch we went down to the beach for an hour. This
was by far the prettiest beach scene I have ever seen. There were huge rocks near
the shore which made it even prettier. The pictures I took don't even do the view
justice. So we relaxed on the rocks watching the ocean for an hour before we went on
a tour of Pablo Neruda's house. It was a really interesting house  and I never knew
how eccentric Neruda was. His second bedroom was my favorite. It had huge windows
right near the foot of the bed which would give whoever slept there a beautiful view of
the ocean. I don't think I would ever get out of bed however if I lived there. After
the tour we were free for the rest of the night. This is the earliest we have ever
been done with activities- usually we have dance class or something until 830 or 9
every night. Today was just so relaxing , I can't think of a better way to spend my
day. We are also going to get a nice dinner for Allison's birthday, which will be a
good way to end the night 

No comments:

Post a Comment